Monday, 24 January 2011

Welcome home

Hi there! Hope you've all had a good start to the week! January is nearly over (time flies!) but it's still dark, grim and freezing cold! To make our home a bit happier and more cheerful, I decided to add a bit of a welcoming touch with a Japanese feel to our front room... Here is what I made!

 I printed some Japanese letters onto A4 paper and cut them out individually.


Outlining them on felt and cutting them out again. I used pink felt this time. 
 Now I am making some patchwork kind of stuff with left over material. You will see how it all came out in the next photo! 



I lined the letters on to the patchwork and put in a fame! It a big "Okaeri" which is Japanese for "Welcome home"! 




Well, it always tells you "Welcome home" which might sound not quite right in the morning but it feels nice and warm looking at it when I put the lights on when I come home after a long day and it's there in your front room... 

Happy January! X







2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...